Monday, March 21, 2011

40 days and 40 nights

It has rained for so many days that I have lost track.  It has put a serious damper on getting my garden ready to plant.  But, on a more serious note, the rivers are so high it's frightening.  We live 4 houses from the Sacramento and she is high and wide.  If the forecasters are correct, it will continue to rain 'till months end. 

We lost the second old rose bush to the crazy winds a few nights ago. The first had been torn out by the installers of the new water meter. I had wanted to attempt their relocation as I am going to tear out the grass and water-needy plants in the front. But, to see the old gal laying there broken after so many years of giving such fragrant beauties quite saddened me.

Between storms we checked out our levee and stopped at a nearby pumping station that is part of a park on the Sacramento river to get a good vantage point.  The river is just feet from our 100 year old bridge's bottom, our boat dock is nearly gone and the bike trails are mostly covered in places.  I have always wanted to live right on the water, let's hope that I don't get my wish!





























No comments:

Post a Comment