Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bitter-Sweet

Today is the official last day of me taking care of my elderly neighbor, Madeline.  I have had the job for nearly 3 years and my commute is wonderfully short.  I needed a place to cocoon myself after the shop closed.  I needed to not be around many people.  I needed a place so small and familiar and away from the ugly.  At times I didn't even want to get in the car and drive anywhere as I was too raw to protect myself from the aggressive drivers, rude people and sad faces.  Like my garden, taking care of Madeline gave me me confirmation that I was doing something right in my life.  The more I put in, the more I got back and I just wasn't finding that in the "real" world.

Slowly but surely, I have found myself needing more.  Not just more money, as working for the county sucks, but more in the way of utilizing my talents and getting "out there" again.  Taking care of another human being is one of the most incredible things I have ever done but I need to take care of me now. Am I starting to sound a bit too Oprah?  But, it's true! 

I will always be there for Madeline but it is time for her family to step in and be there for her.  I am excited about the new experiences ahead of me and, believe it or not, meeting people along the way!











No comments:

Post a Comment