Thursday, September 8, 2011

Jetsheimer's

I have travelled a lot in my life.  I have always had a destination to look forward to spending some time in.  I now have a real appreciation for what my mother did for so many years.  She was an international flight attendant until she retired at 65. 

The frequent flying thing is hard on a body!  Lot's of hurry up and wait, to get through security, for the flight to leave, for the flight to land, for my luggage, for the shuttle bus or taxi. That, combined with cabin pressure vertigo, schlepping bags, unpacking a few things at the hotel, getting to the venue where I will shoot, waiting and more waiting, then shooting like crazy.  Then off to another state to do the same.  I was forgetting where I'd been and where I was, forget about where I was going!

I have to say that I don't remember anything after my head hit the pillows, I was out!  I'm sure I will get use to this after I have a few under my belt but at this point I am in awe of my mother's ability to function when she got back home.  When we'd find her glasses in the refrigerator she'd say it was her "Jetsheimer's". 




No comments:

Post a Comment