Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Barnyard Theater

Last month my friend and I attended a play inside an old barn in the countryside of Davis.  I have passed by this beautiful old house for months on my to and fro work and fell in love with it at first sight.  So, when these large hand-painted signs showed up advertising "Barnyard Theater" I just had to go.

We had dinner in nearby Winters at The Putah Creek Cafe and it was fabulously fresh, delicious, and locally grown.

It was a stifling hot day and not much cooler in the barn when the performance started at 8:30, everyone using their programs as fans. It was a really "cool" experience.

We ran into the owner of the house and barn on the long, dirt driveway back to the main road who told us that the house was the second homestead in the area.  I wanted to detain him and ask a million questions including if I could have a tour of his house but contained myself.  We waited for our ride under a sky filled with stars and a sweet breeze reminding us of the rewards of a hot summer day in the valley.
































No comments:

Post a Comment