Monday, August 20, 2012

Sunday Drive

The Honey and I took one of our lovely drives where we try to find roads we've never been on that aren't too far from home.  It's a great way to beat the heat and get out of doing much needed work around the house.

So, it was county and levee roads all the way but for a short stint on Hwy.5.  Some of the small towns we passed through (Knights Landing, Meridian, Grimes, Guinda, Capay) quietly called to me to settle down there.  Very tempting as I am becoming more anti-people the older I get.  Wow, that sounded bad!  I should say, less tolerant of the growing numbers of sucky-people (rude, aggressive, entitled types).

I didn't take many photos as the landscape and sky this time of year are sucked dry by the incessant heat, even the once cheery sunflowers have given up and now hang their heads low. But, we did find a 129 year old "church" in the middle of nowhere and some pretty water-ways along the levee road to Meridian. And Hwy 16 through the Capay Valley is a really nice drive, especially in Spring when the hills are green and the moss hangs off the oaks.
















No comments:

Post a Comment