Monday, May 30, 2011

Sunday "Fun"

My weekend plans weren't going well.  Friday night I was ready and waiting for a friend to pick me up to go to the concert in the park.  She flaked last minute.  Then, my Saturday evening outdoor photo shoot had to be cancelled due to a sudden rain storm (Hello, it's the end of May!). 

Today's incredibly sore body is evidence that something actually went right. My entire day was spent working on the new succulent beds. 

The endeavor started a couple of weeks ago, although I had wanted to do it for quite some time.  The enormous bay tree that canopied the former succulent bed drops a billion seeds, all of which want to become trees.  After picking a trillion of these bastards I finally got the brilliant idea to stop fighting that mother.

So, ten buckets of sandy soil from my neighbor mixed with the old soil (sifted and free of seeds), removal and relocation of plants, a rock border borrowed from around the yard (ditched the concrete idea), and the new space is ready.  Now, the fun part, making it look purdy!



























No comments:

Post a Comment