Saturday, August 27, 2011

If there ever was a "Where to begin" this is it!

As I wrote in my last post, this month has been about reconnecting with old, but never forgotten, friends whom I'd lost contact with.

My friend Carrie hooked me up with her husbands advertising/marketing agency based in Las Vegas.  They flew me down there on Wednesday to go over the photo gear, to meet the others in the company, and to discuss upcoming events that I will be shooting. 

I am still in shock, it seems too good to be true!  Since having to close down the camera shop almost 3 years ago, along with several other hardships, The Honey and I have had a rough time of it.  My two part-time jobs just haven't been enough financially, artistically or personally.  I will miss my "old folks" terribly and feel a bit like I am abandoning them.  I will have to find some very good care for them before I feel completely good about my new and much appreciated opportunity. 

I fly out of here on Wednesday to Massachusetts where I will be photographing the last American Idol concert tour show, then off to Maryland the next day to photograph a Blake Shelton concert, then the next night I will be in Texas shooting a Kid Rock concert.  Four days until my new Jet-Setter life begins!

I am nervous and excited but above all I am hopeful again.  I lost myself for a long time.  Wish me luck!

















3 comments:

  1. Holy shucks, congratulations Gin! It all sounds amazing. Good luck.
    -Evan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Evan! Super excited! G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gypsy Girl Ungrounded? go fourth and conquer!

    ReplyDelete