Sunday, August 21, 2011

Where to begin?  This month has has been crazy-good and full of mostly great stuff.  Through facebook, I have gotten back in touch with three old and dear friends. 

The first was Sheila, the one I took the road trip with earlier this month, I think it had been 7 years since we'd last seen each other.  As teens we spent hours of cofee drinking downtown and seeing punk shows.  We have travelled together and seen some pretty cool stuff along the way.

Then came Katie.  We had had a stupid falling out 10 years ago but I had missed her so much over the years and after multiple attempts to find her she was finally on facebook! Now we talk on the phone constantly, sometimes for hours which my boyfriend can't comprehend, and it feels like a big part of me is restored.  We have adopted a beagle that she was caring for and renamed him "Ollie". Yeah, 3 dogs and 4 cats now!

My high school friend Carrie, who I last saw 10 years ago while attending a convention in Las Vegas is now living in Hawaii with her family. A 3 hour long phone call was just the tip of the ice burg in catching up and I look so forward to seeing her in December when she comes for a visit.  She hooked me up with her and her husbands company to do some photography in the very near future.  Yeah, work!

Back in February, my best friend and I stopped talking to each other...rather he did and it devastated me.  I suddenly felt so alone.  Apparently, the heavens took pity on me and sent me these 3 wonderful friends and I am so grateful for them! 

                            
                                                                             Sheila


   
















                                                                             Katie









Carrie
















Ollie


No comments:

Post a Comment