Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I can't go back there.

Okay, I have been (had to dump the compost) but I didn't let my eyes wander from the path.  Death and decay. Yes, all necessary but still hard to look at.  I am sure the Elephant Ears have shriveled up, leaves cover everything, forget about the flowers and the few remaining green tomatoes still clinging to the vine, they haven't a chance. 

I am being dramatic, I know. The weather has been lovely lately, gotta love that global warming, but I want to remember the garden as it was, as it shall be again. 

To fight off The Great Sadness, I've been fiddling around with more photography and photoshop.  When I had the camera shop I rebelled against digital, great for others but never for me except to document.  I didn't see what all the fuss was about, I loved my black and white film and nothing was gonna change that.  I haven't been in my darkroom in 3 years.  I used to love to lose myself in that small space for hours with just the smell of fixer and Tool on the cd player. 

I have always been a technophobe but this modern age has drawn me in, at least where digital photography is concerned. I can create a beautiful place to escape to for a bit even when my real world is cold, uninviting and out of my control. 





This image is a combination of 3 photos taken in the last couple of months.  I know I am still a hack but it's part of the learning process.  And, I'm having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment