Sunday, November 14, 2010

Second Saturday Fun- photos in reverse order, oops!

It was a beautiful night, especially for November, and a light jacket was enough warmth.  The honey wasn't in the mood for crowds, so I was dropped near the alley where some of my pieces were hung in 3 new condos.  They worked well with the modern architecture and furnishings.  I was really happy to hear that the developer, architects and designer loved them. 

Being Sacramento, you are bound to run into tons of folks you know.  Turns out I knew the architects and the designer and ran into my friend Jim.  He took us out for Tequila shots at a nearby restaurant.  From there I walked to my next destination, the gallery where my friend Phil Simpson's ceramics were being shown.  The place was packed and difficult to see the works, especially so because there were ballet dancers performing in the room.

As I walked to the next venue I saw thru the windows of a gallery the most amazing sight.  A burned forest, not the sort of art typical of Sacramento.  We don't see a lot in installations here, lack of funding I suppose.

The wife of the artist approached me because I was taking tons of photos.  She wasn't angry, just curious.  We talked for a long time and she introduced me to her husband Gong Yeubin.  Both lovely and engaging people.  I stood back and watched the reactions and interactions of the crowd who walked between the charred, painted and chained forest with faces filled with awe.  The environment had a strange draw, I felt reverent and in the midst of spirits.  Then a fellow offered me a shot of tequila!

From there I ended up at the Bicycle Cafe where my friend Larry Rodriguez was dj-ing and celebrating his birthday.  Another shot of tequila! Old friends, new friends, great conversations, some palm reading, beer on tap, dancing, then the police.  We got "locked down" by the owner of the business and stuck for a bit.  Eventually, they let us out. 


































































No comments:

Post a Comment