Thursday, January 27, 2011

Phooey!




For weeks I have been trying my hand at Encaustic Painting.  I bought filtered and raw beeswax, damar crystals, as well as hot plates and crock pots from Goodwill.  I watched every video and scoured artists websites.  I have never been so frustrated with an art form.  It is not a predictable medium for me.  When I look at some of the incredible work done in encaustic medium I want to scream, I want to do it so badly, I want to chomp down on that beeswax and make it obey.

So, last night after much disgust with my pieces, I took out a clay sculpture I started about 5 years ago and never finished.  She is quite rough but I am attempting to scrape and salvage and finally fire, then will try the encaustic medium on the bisque fired piece. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment