Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice

This is my first post, yeah! Been trying to figure this blogging thing out. Not much for reading manuals or instructions so it has taken some time.

It doesn't yet feel like summer. Yeah, it is just the first day of it but the pre-global warming or whatever is happening to our weather would have us in the 90's or beyond by now.

Not complaining nor is my garden, the cilantro hasn't gone to seed yet. But, I do like a warm summer night with the car windows rolled down, the stereo turned up, and the feeling that I could just keep driving until I find myself somewhere I have not yet been.

Summer-time has me torn between doing and escaping, being my mother or my father. Get the slate stepping stones laid in the back yard or take a long nap on the bed on the deck? Chose the nap yesterday with the sounds of birds and lawnmowers lulling me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment