Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I think I may be talking to myself


Rarely do people comment on my postings. That was fine when I hadn't told anyone about this blog thing but now that it's sort of "out" I'm thinking that this is very much like having a one-sided conversation, talking to myself kind of thing. My life really isn't that interesting so why should anyone else think otherwise? I have 7 followers, 2 of which are me (haven't figured out how to delete my selves).

So, in the spirit in which I started doing this, I shall continue to think of it as a journal and not a measurement of whether I am "followed" or interesting or relevant. If those markers of likability were that important to my ego then I should start a blog soley focusing on one thing like the life of my cat or close-up photos of flowers or really pretty pictures of rich peoples interior decor- then I might have 1001 folks checking the blog each morning while drinking their first cup of coffee.

People love to get lost in other worlds, prettier worlds- to escape the harsh realities or just the doldrums of the lives most of us live. I like gorgeous places, if only on my computer monitor, but admit to being a little peeved that some have the time and lots and lots of money to visit and live in paradise. Show offs!


Well, I have my own smallish bit of Eden and find beauty in it every day. I'm okay, really, just a bit of the old insomnia (perhaps old insecurities?).

4 comments:

  1. welcome to my world! It's nice to finally have some company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ginny, I read your post with complete recognition. I think most bloggers, myself included, have had the 'I'm talking to myself' feeling at one time or another -- sometimes for long stretches, in my case. But, a year after starting the thing I definitely feel that I've been able to reach my audience, and you will, too! Personally, I find your blog fascinating, not to mention beautiful. Your eye, and 'take' on things is singular and very personal; both qualities mesh and make your blog extremely enjoyable. Having said that, I admit to not visiting you often (enough), mostly because I have such limited time to work on my own. But, I hope you take comfort in knowing that I'm out here rooting for you and taking great enjoyment from your offerings in the blogosphere. Don't give up! I promise to stop merely driving by, and commenting when I do stop in ... Reuben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw shucks, your gonna make me cry! Thank you so much for taking the time to give me some comfort, quite a bit! It makes me very happy that you find my blog interesting cuz I very much admire yours! Salud!

    ReplyDelete