Monday, August 16, 2010

Finally!




















One of the things I dream about in the winter is eating fresh, delicious, home-grown tomatoes. Not the round, deceivingly red, tasteless imposter's found in the super market.

With the late spring and lack of enough hot days the tomatoes are not doing well, pretty sad and puny. I have been munching on cherry tomatoes for a couple of months now but the big boys have been slow to produce and even slower to ripen. So, I thought.

I have been waiting for the "Aunt Ruby's" to turn red. Yesterday I finally touched one to see what was going on as the tops were beginning to "crack". Turns out they are green tomatoes, very ripe and ready.

There will be no gazpacho this year but a tomato, basil, olive oil, vinegar, garlic salad is much over do!

1 comment:

  1. Delicious-looking photo of an equally delicious-looking salad

    ReplyDelete