Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Strange Few Days



























The house and yards were clean and ready for the hordes of folks to come to the shin-dig. It was not the sultry, summer night I'd prayed for. It was a need to wear a sweater kind of night. Only about a dozen folks showed up which made it very intimate and a little disconcerting. Don't people like me anymore? The party was really for William but I must admit to being a little sad that I had put so much work into creating a nice party setting, even broke my toe in the process (my first broken bone, yeah!).

Despite the "poor" turnout, it was a really nice night with many great conversations and food and some dancing. By 1 or 2am we were down to 3 people at the fire pit watching the Shauff family chairs go up in flames. It felt good. Sunday's hangover combined with the need to keep my foot elevated and iced was quite relaxing spent on the couch watching movies.

My old lady had to be taken to the emergency room Sunday night for chest pains, I hobbled around her house getting things together before her niece came. She is fine, don't know why the strange pains.

Yesterday, caught a humming bird in my kitchen and set it free. Saw a huge yellow, perfectly round balloon floating above my house. Transferred William's dogs ashes from a box into a nice metal container I'd been wondering what to do with. It has felt surreal, more so than usual.

The boys left for L.A. early this morning, maybe things will start to feel "normal" again?








No comments:

Post a Comment