Thursday, July 15, 2010

Road Trip and a Wedding!

Since the whole being broke thing happened, I haven't been able to do much traveling. That includes even getting out of town. But, this weekend three of us and a small dog are driving up to Oregon to attend the wedding of some dear friends.

With a few awful exceptions, I love road trips. And, I mostly hate weddings (unless they are for good friends who are not all caught up in the traditional trappings).

So, this road trip/wedding should be great. My honey, our friend Bonnie and her elderly dog Misty will try to make it up there as quickly as possible and take it slow and easy on the way back. We like the same music, all love driving, and view the world similarly. Sounds perfect...but previous experience has taught me that you don't really know somebody until you have traveled with them. The dynamics of "getting along" are altered when certain elements change. Generally, two usually works well, three is often awkward if not downright bad.

I'm not worried about it, just got to thinking of the multitude of road trips I have been on and the crazy, wonderful, irritating, beautiful experiences along the way. I am happily looking forward to seeing old friends and new places.

No comments:

Post a Comment