Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kittens, anyone?









My visual migraine started yesterday and came back today. My neighbor Irene called just as I'd come home from work to to lie down and close my eyes. She'd found 3 kittens that had been abandoned by the neighborhood feral hussy.

A few years ago, one of "Buddha's" cats had her own litter of 5 that she'd left out in the sun to die. We took them in along with the mother I'd trapped (as they were but 2 days old), fed them with syringes when mamma wouldn't, wiped their bottoms with warm, wet rags and fretted like they were our own. Found them all great homes and mamma got "fixed".

Thankfully these little guys are about 5 weeks old and don't require the sleepless nights. I hope that they will find someone to love them tomorrow night at the closing reception at my studio.






No comments:

Post a Comment