Monday, October 11, 2010

The Spooky Show



















































This last week has been a chaotic mess fueled by some crazy desire to create, coffee, shellac and paint fumes. Friday night I was still painting my Dia De Los Muertos piece while Rhett hung most of the Spooky show. We snuck out for about an hour to see our friends band, Whisky and Stitches, who rocked.

Saturday I was still cutting mats, framing, and putting together "Rosa", as well as cleaning up the big messes I'd made and hanging the rest of the show. I got out of the studio at 7pm and was back- clean and dressed up 45 minutes later with 15 minutes to spare.

We had a really nice turn out, especially considering that we hadn't done any advertising except for facebook and word of mouth. Friends who'd gone to other galleries said that it was pretty slow out there. People were coming and going all night and I didn't know many of them (strange in this town).

By 4am there were just 5 of us left. I should have stopped partying long before that as I had the hangover from hell yesterday but when you work so hard on an event or party you just don't want it to end.

After 4 years of not showing art at SPACE15 it was really nice to have some life back in the place. So many folks came up to me and said how much they had missed it. I wish more pieces had sold but I can't complain as I sold 2 and had so many compliments. I also wish that I'd taken more photos, not just at the beginning and end. And, it would have been nice if my camera had been set correctly!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great event with some very nice art — Wish I could've been there!

    ReplyDelete