Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mmmm....Hibernation


This is going to sound ridiculous, but every fall, anticipating the winter, I begin a slow decline. I get all dramatic and think I won't survive this one. It is not that we have harsh winters here and I am afraid that we won't be able to collect enough fire wood or have enough reserves in the pantry to make it thru the long, cold season. It is more of a my garden is dying, I have to wear shoes, I'm tired at 8pm, and I really hate being cold kind of thing.


I am sure that I suffer from S.A.D. and need to figure out a way of thriving and not just surviving this one. Make lots of art seems like a good plan. Been digging thru boxes of old photos and having fun playing with them. Now that I have sort of figured out how to combine images in Photoshop perhaps I can salvage some old work that didn't quite make the cut.


The photo of the little girl was taken at least 12 years ago. Camille was unlike any 4 year old I've ever met. She was unlike anybody I've met. With her nearly white hair and impish smile, we explored the cemetery I used as a backdrop (her mother a short distance away). When her mother had been with us, Lily was a difficult child and unwilling to "look cute" and "behave" but as soon as it was just the two of us she took my hand and said "Great,I have some ideas!".


She was still a little girl in this shot but later, when it was safe, she showed her old soul to me. I will post some of those photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment